Friday, July 18, 2014

First Email Home

My first few days here have been good, and at the same time really challenging for me. In our classes, the teacher only speaks spanish, that is it. If I hadn't taken two years of spanish in middle school, I would be completely lost. It is really hard to understand what my teacher is saying. All the other missionaries in my district took more spanish than me in high school, so I feel behind, but I am learning really quickly. We don't have spanish lessons, we don't learn spanish here. We have lessons about the gospel in spanish, and we're learning simply how to preach the gospel, in spanish. So we are expected to pick it up as we go, and it's really hard for me. Sometimes I feel really stressed about learning spanish, and other times I feel really good about how much I have already learned and how quickly i'm learning. I know I need to focus on the positive.

My companion's name is Elder Brown, he was the SBO president at Bingham last year. He is also going to Resistencia, everyone in my district is. I am super grateful that i have him as my companion, him and I get along really well. We think the same way about things and we like to teach the same way too.

We are already being immersed into teaching REAL investigators, COMPLETELY in spanish. It is so hard because I don't know any spanish and we have to teach an entire lesson in spanish! It's hard right now, but I know that it will get better as I start to learn more spanish. It is really stressful because there are so many things we need to do in such little time. We have to read so many things, plan lessons, write talks, email or branch presidents, it is a lot. But I know I will get more use to it as I am here longer. It's hard right now, but it will get better, I am sure of it! I am just trying to do the best I can at all times. I just try focusing on doing my best at whatever I am doing at the moment. I know the Lord will do the rest.

I will have more time to write you guys on tuesday! I will send you a full email telling you all about everything I am doing here. But for now, I am really happy being here, i am learing a lot really fast. I love you guys, talk to you again on Wednesday!

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment