Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dec 29, 2014

Hola hola!-

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas! I had a really good week myself. Last P-day after I wrote my emails, we had a zone christmas party. It was way fun, we had super good food and played games. And then of course on Christmas day skyping the family was amazing, that made my whole christmas for me. Other than that on christmas we just played Uno and Jenga in our apartment and some members brought us some really good food! 

On friday we had the baptisms of Carlos AND Irene!! WOOOO!!! It was an amazing day. Irene decided that she would rather just be baptized the sooner the better so we baptized them both on friday. I bapitzed Carlos, and Elder Nava baptized Irene. It was a super spiritual experience for me and it was really nice to see the result of all our hard work... I am especially happy for Carlos because I know that this is going to change his life and he is going to find true purpose and happiness. He is super dedicated and has such a strong testimony. After the baptism we had a ward year end party where the whole ward came to the church and we ate empenadas.. the best food in Argentina. Carlos, Enrique, Elder Nava and I sat together and we talked amongst ourselves the whole time, Enrique and Carlos became best friends. The four of us will be super good friends for life. In that moment I really realized how far I have come and all the good that has come about from so much trials and tribulation.. but it is all definitely worth it. It was probably one of the most happiest days of my life!

Other than that we werent able to work a ton this week because we had to return to the apartment early every night for safety reasons, but I think I had the best week of the mission so far. Elder Nava and I are super amigos, I am super happy we have been able to become such good friends. 

Transfers are this week, Im going to find out whats going to happen on tuesday and then on wednesday we all change! I am super happy to face the trials that will surely come.. I have learned to love the hardships because there is something I always will learn. 

I am going to try to attach a lot of pictures in an email and send them off! I hope you guys all have a great week and a happy new year.. 2015 is the year that I will be in the mission field for then entire year, I am stoked for 2015! I hope you guys all have a good week! 

Love,  Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment