Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dec 15 - 21, 2014

Hola todos! 

Feliz Navidad!

I hope you all will have a super merry christmas! For my immediate family, I will skype you guys on Christmas day around4:00-4:30 Argentina time. I cant remember what the difference is, but ask Matt, he knows. I am super super excited to be able to you guys!

To answer many of your questions, unfortunately Christmas isnt really a thing here. First of all, the majority of familys dont have money for gifts and stuff, so most families just get together and have dinner or something. But its nothing like Christmas in the states! And also, there is a thing here called saceos, which is where a bunch of people get together and raid stores and steal everything in the stores, and a lot of peoples houses get robbed too. So people avoid buying things because its just hectic! If you have seen Hot Rod, its basically what happens in that movie. So yep, merry christmas. BUT, as missionaries, everyday of this coming week we get to return to the apartment two hours early, for safety reasons. So that will be really nice to have to extra hours of rest. On Christmas day, Elder Nava and I might go visit a few lonely people in our area that dont have any family, but theres pretty much it! But we have been listening to a lot of Christmas music so I have a lot of christmas spirit on the inside. 

HEY, im 19! Quick, which Taylor Swift song sings about being 19 that I can sing to myself? Today is super mega P-day birthday, because today was P-day as usual, and after P-day ends today at 6 we have a missionary christmas party. So its like a super long fun P-day. Elder Batt and Pena bought me two super good alfajores for my birthday, I almost cried. 

Carlos is getting baptized this Friday!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO! I am so super excited!!!! We are super amigos. He is 19 years old, a really cool guy. After his baptism he is going to move to southern Argentina where the rest of his family lives. He has a super strong testimony of the book of mormn and he even said that after a little while of being a member of the church, he wants to serve a mission someday. So he is another golden investigator like Enrique that we have been blessed with. We also have Irene that came to church this sunday, and she committed to being baptized on the 3rd of january. She is the grandma that had her grandson run away last week. She really really likes the church even though she doesnt really understand the book of mormon or Joseph Smith. But she is really nice and funny and will be a super good member of the church. 

This week it rained every day of the week but it was a really nice break from the heat we have been having. I am going to attach a photo of us in our rainboots and jackets. This week we just knocked a lot of doors, found a lot of new investigators, and we are preparing Carlos and Irene for their baptisms.  Elder Nava and I are really good close friends now and life is a lot more happy. Transfers are next week, im super excited to see what happens. 

Thats about it for me this week, I hope you guys all have a super good Christmas! If you havent watched the church sponsered short Christmas video He is the Gift, I highly recommend it. I have cried two times watching it, which is very unlikely of me. I just want to say that I know that Jesus is the Christ, that he suffered for each one of us intimately, that through Him we can find peace and happiness in this life if we let Him in. I know that sometimes its hard to see that having a relationship with Jesus Christ is going to make you more happy, but I promise it always will. I recommend to everyone this Christmas to take a little bit of time to think about the Savior, to read the scriptures about his atonement. I promise that there is hope for better tomorrows and a better world if we understand the Atonement and we are doing the things the Savior has asked us to do. I am super grateful for everyone of you that have played a role in my life to help me be where I am today. I wish you all the best of Christmas from here in Argentina!

Mucho amor,

Elder Miles 

No comments:

Post a Comment