Tuesday, January 26, 2016

January 25th, 2015

Friends & Family!
 
I hope you all had a great week. This week was great for Elder Miles and I! We feel like we worked really hard and did what the Lord wanted us to do. On wednesday we had a worldwide missionary live broadcast conference where some of the apostoles and other general authorities taught us how we should teach investigators and how to follow the spirit and other related ideas. My favorite part is how the talked about how we need to "teach repentance and baptise converts", which is just all about how the most important thing we do is invite people to repent, which is inviting them to come more unto Christ.
 
This week we found some other new investigators but so far we dont have anyone that is really progressing too great yet. We didnt have anybody at church on sunday. But we are seeing a lot of results in the way of less actives that we have been working with! This week, Hno. Garnier blessed the sacrament. He is the man that we have been working with that was less active. His wife and him now have the goal of going to the temple to get sealed as a family together. As well, yesterday Hno. Patricio and his wife (another less active family that we have been working with) thanked us for all that we have done for them, he sayed that a big part of them getting married and now having the goal of going to get sealed as an eternal family is because of efforts in visiting them. So even though havent been baptizing in this area, we are happy that we are instruments in Gods hands in some way in bringing his children closer to him.
 
This week Elder Miles and I have been sharing Ether 12:4 with everyone that we have been meeting. We explain to everyone what the gospel of Jesus Christ offers to them.. My favorite part is that it promises us "the hope for a better world" and makes us always "abound in good works". That summarizes for me exactly why I love the gospel and why I am on the mission. It gives me hope that I really am here on this earth for a purpose, life isnt just eating, working, sleeping, and repite. It makes me excited and happy, and it helps me become the best person that I can be, always striving to do good works.
 
Well, we are almost of January. Glory Hallelujah. I think January is satans month. Its too hot here in Argentina, and its too cold over there in the states! It just depresses everyone. Haha.
 
Happy birthday mom!! I promise I remembered. You can ask my companion, I told him. I cant believe you are already 30. So young!! ;)
 
I hope you all are doing great! Thank you for your emails and support, I really appreciate it!
 
Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment