Monday, June 1, 2015

Week ending June 1st

Hola hola!

This was a pretty interesting week. The highlight is that Omar came to church and we will now have his baptism this saturday! Yayy! I will for sure take some photos for you guys. In other news, we had an emergency transfer, and I am no longer with Elder Herrera. I am now with Elder Williams, from Maryland, U.S.A. Woohoo! My first american companion. But I am still in the same area, Armenia 1. Elder Williams has been in the office for 10 months, he was the finance secretary. His first area that he served in was Armenia 1, so he basically knows the area and all of the members already! haha. He has 18 months in the mission. Transfers are in 2 weeks, so we will see if this is a permanent change. But I am stoked to start to get to work, Elder Williams is a cool elder. I will send some pictures next P day. Today I traveled to Resistencia to the mission office with Elder Herrera, we said our goodbyes, and then I left with Elder Williams. We are currently writing in the library in Resistencia and then we are going to travel back to Corrientes. 

Cool spiritual experience: Today before leaving the apartment to travel to Resistencia, we were about to get in the taxi to leave and I had an impression to go back into the apartment to grab my missionary handbook, which has a photocopy of my passport tucked in the pages. Well, while in the taxi driving to resistencia, we got stopped by like a police barricade that checks cars and makes sure that the passengers have identification, especially foreigners. So they stopped us, and they asked me for identification. And luckily, miraculously, I had it. But if I hadnt have had that with me, they would had sent us back to corrientes, which would have been horrible. So, the spirit brought that thought to my mind to grab my missionary handbook right before we left! How lucky. 

But not too much new, for sure I will have a lot to write about next week! Changes are always hard especially so quick, but changes have happened so much that I have become used to changes. The more things change, the more things stay the same. I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and for the Restoration, I know that I am so blessed in my life to have the knowledge of these things and I am so blessed to have the family that I do. I am super happy to be here preaching the gospel and helping other people change their life for better. The gospel brings peace to the mind, brings purpose. I hope you all have a great week, thank you for your emails!

Love,
Elder T. Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment