Sunday, July 12, 2015

July 6th

Hello everyone!

This was a pretty good week. So Elder Toledo left last  monday night, so I have been in a trio for this week with Elder Pacheco and Elder Stout and I will be with them until the end of July. Its pretty fun, Elder Pacheco is one of my best friends so it is a blast to be with him. There is a youth here that is preparing to leave on a mission in january, his name is Abel, and he has been helping me a TON this week! Every Wednesday, friday, and sunday we are going to do divisions together so that I can work in my area more. (divisions is when a member from the church is my companion for the day so that Elder Pacheco and Stout can go work in their area and I can work in mine). Abel is an awesome guy, he is super prepared to go on a mission. He has turned his whole life around to be able to go on a mission and its been amazing to see him change. He for sure has been one of my best companions yet and hes not even a real missionary yet. haha. But we are working really hard together! This week Dani came to church again (yay!) and we have been working a lot with him, he has been progressing great and he has committed to being baptized the 25th of July. I am super happy for him, I know that it is going to change his life. Also with Abel this week we found a new investigator named Erika, she is a single mom that has always wanted to see what the LDS church is like but is a little intimidated. Unfortunately she didnt come to church this week but she committed to going to church next week for sure! I am pretty bummed that I missed my favorite holiday of all, the 4th of July, but Elder Stout and I celebrated by singing all 3 verses of the star spangled banner in the morning to wake Elder Pacheco up. 

Attached are a few pictures. The first picture is Elder Toledo and I the day before he left, it was his birthday and I  bought him half a kilogram of ice cream. The sign says "Happy birthday Elder Toledo, little son of mine". The next picture is Elder Pacheco and I holding his Chile flag because Chile won the soccer tournament "copa america" on saturday, its the biggest soccer tournament in south america. The last picture is Abel and I!



No comments:

Post a Comment