Sunday, July 12, 2015

June 22th-28th

Hola hola!

Well, this week was a curve ball. It was  an interesting, pretty sad, long week. Elder Toledo (the missionary that im training) misses his house a lot and the mission is really hard for him, and he is going to be going home this week. I really had no idea, everything was going  really well up until last monday when he told me that he wanted to go home. So that is pretty sad. It is definitely understandabe through knowing that this is a completely different life style for him and that in their tribe they have very very strong family bonds. But the mission would really change his life if he could just manage to stick it out. But, thats the way it goes I guess. I think he will be going home tomorrow. I am  pretty sure that I am going to be with my zone leaders for the rest of this transfer in a trio (Elder Pacheco and Elder Stout), which will be fun. We are going to have a lot of help from the youth here, we have two boys that are preparing to leave for missions that are going to help me a lot, so I am going to be doing a lot of divisions with them (thats where they are my companion for a few hours and we can go work in my area). The good part of this week was that we recieved a reference from a member, and he is our new golden investigator. His name is Dani, he has a lot of friends in the church, he is 17 years old and he came to church this week. He has a baptismal date for the 18th of July and I really think that it will go through. So that is exciting, we are going to be working a lot with him this week. All the other investigators that we had fell through. But thats about all for this week, I would just like to bare my testimony that I know that Jesus is the Christ, and that the gospel brings real power into our lives. It makes possible the salvation and it makes us more happy if it live it in our lives. I know that the fulness of this gospel was restored through Joseph Smith.  Thank you for all your emails and support, I hope you have a great week!

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment