Thursday, December 17, 2015

December 14th, 2015

Hola a todos!!

I hope that everyone had a good week. This week was great for us! We have an investigator named MagalĂ­ that we have been teaching for like 2 weeks and this past sunday she came to church!! Woo!! And she liked it! Woohoo!! All the members did a really good job at being her friend and she said that she wants to go next week. She has a baptismal date for 3 weeks in the future! I sure hope that she makes it. She is super special, she really understands everything that we say to her and she wants to see if its true for herself. She is a single mom of 2 kids. As well this sunday I gave a talk in sacrament meeting! It went really well. I talked about how the Book of Mormon increases our faith and how we can have a true testimony of Jesus Christ if we read it. I talked about all the things that I learned and felt while I was reading it in the month of November. There is nothing better if we want to know if God and Jesus Christ exist and love us than read the Book of Mormon.. Throughout the book it makes more than 4200 references to God and Jesus Christ.. I counted :) An average of 7 times per page it says "God" or "Jesus Christ" or "the Lord" etc. So I talked about all that, I feel like my talk went well. 

This week we went and explored a new part of our area called Colonia Benitez. It is like a little town 30 minutes outside of Resistencia. IT IS AWESOME. The houses there are actually really nice! Its a nice change for us to go there sometimes. There are a few members that live there.. We want and visited the Garnier family and they asked us to give there house a blessing. So I gave my first blessing to a house, it was pretty neat. As well while we were in Colonia Benitez we visited Brother Fernandez. He was a mission president twice and he served as temple president of the Uruguay temple and the Buenos Aires temple. So he is kind of a big deal. HE KNOWS SO MUCH. Elder Miles and I went there and we just asked him deep doctrine questions and we just had our notebooks out and we wrote down everything that he said. He is a holy man. It was so cool to talk to him. As well in Colonia Benitez I saw monkeys in the trees. Its kind of jungle, its cool. 

Everything is going great here, we are super happy right now! Elder Miles and I started what is called, "The purification challenge". Its a 40 day fast. haha. Its where you pick 10 behaviors that you would like to stop doing (for example, sleeping in 5 minutes late, expressing frustration towards your companion, being scared to talk to everyone, etc.) and for 40 days, you "fast" from those behaviors. And throughout the 40 days, you try your very best not to do any of those things that you put on your list. And after the forty days, we will have the spirit more and we will be able to teach better. So we are really trying to consecrate ourselves right now! I am so happy here with Elder Miles, he is great. 

FAMILY: I know that I made you guys come up with a skype time for me and I appreciate that you did that very much, but this week Elder Miles and I realized that we think it would be best if we could do the skype call at like 1:00 p.m. Argentine time, which would be like 9:00 am Utah time. How would that work for you guys? Because we are going to have a zone activity on Christmas day and we have to be back in the apartment at 7:00 pm and its going to be kind of stressful for us and we would like to kind of get the skype call done with more earlier in the day. What do you guys think about that? Let me know if thats okay with you guys! Its fine if you are at grandpa gary´s house, I just want dont want all the beesleys being too loud and I want to mainly talk to Mom, Matt, Syd, Carrie, Dad and Nat! So let me know if thats okay with you guys!

Well, thats about it. I hope that you all have a great week, thank you for your love and support!

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment