Wednesday, May 20, 2015

May 11th - 17th

Hola hola!

This was a pretty great week, we are happy to say that we found some new very promising investigators that are progressing really well! We found a new investigator called Sebastián, he is a really spiritually guy that really likes the way we teach the gospel. Missionaries had been visiting him about 6 months ago but he stopped progressing, but when we showed up at his door this week he accepted us really well and he told us that he had been praying for more light in his life and he took us as an answer to his prayers. We gave him a blessing to help him be able to quit smoking and he loved it, he says he feels something very different, powerful when he is with us. He is 22 years old and he is a punk rocker and fights MMA. Pretty cool right? He also found his old Book of Mormon in his house and he gave it to one of us friends that is going through rough times.. and his friend is reading it and is already on page 37 in the Book of Mormon, and they are both going to attend church this coming sunday. He is awesome, I sure hope that he can keep progressing and come to church! That was definitely one of the ways that we say the hand of the Lord in our week. 

Apart from him, we still have Omar that is progressing great and is excited for his baptism the 30th of May. He only needs one more church attendance, this sunday, and he is all ready. We are truly great friends and I am super grateful that we could be instruments in the Lords hands to find him and teach him the gospel. 

This week we didnt have church in our chapel like we usually do because we all went to the district center to watch the broadcast of the dedication of the new Córdoba temple in Argentina. I had never seen a temple dedication before and it was really beautiful. Now we have two temples in Argentina.. One in Buenos Aires and now one in Cordoba! Elder Uchtdorf spoke at the dedication and there were a few things that he said that I really liked. He asked a few reflexive questions.

1. Do I love God? And how is that manifested in my life?
2. Do I love my fellowman? And how is that manifested in my life?

They are really good questions to go over personally everday. What I am doing do demostrate my life towards God? And what am I doing to love my friends and family? The dedication was amazing, I loved it a lot.

So this coming week we are going to keep working with Omar, Sebastián, and a few other new investigators that we have, and we are going to keep looking for more! We are working really good right now, we have a lot of unity and we are really are great friends. I also am super grateful for my zone leaders that live above us, we have so much fun.

I have been thinking a lot about the lyrics to the song "Savior, Redeemer of my Soul" this week. This song was in 17 Miracles, its really pretty. A few of my favorite lines are:

Savior, Redeemer, of my soul
whose might hand hath made me whole
Chasten my soul, till I shall be
In perfect harmony with thee
Make me more worthy of the love
and fit me for the life above

I think that outlines the true purpose of this life.. To try a little better everyday to serve Jesus Christ and become more like him, and by doing so, we repent every day of our lives and we become more worthy of the redeeming love of Jesus Christ. He suffered and payed the price for us, and if we stand up for him all of our lives trying our best, he will stand up for us and plead to the father for our us in the judgement, he is our mediator with God. Only he can save us. I think the thing that I have learned more than anything in the mission is the love that I have for my savior, for my desire that I have to serve him with all my heart. We cant ever repay him, but we can devote our whole life toward him. I testify that  a life devoted to the savior is an inspired life, a truly happy and peaceful life.

I hope that you all have a great week, thank you for all the support and all the emails!

Love, Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment