Monday, March 28, 2016

29th of Febuary, 2016

Amigitos-

How is everyone?! Thank you all indiviually for your emails, they mean a lot to me! This was a great week for us. I am loving being with Elder Grover, he is way cool and we are working super hard. We get along super good, he is a lot like me and we like a lot of the same stuff. He played football in high school, likes camping, hiking, etc. He wants to play college football after the mission. Cool guy! He helps me be obedient and I help him, I think this is probably the time in my mission where I have been the most obedient, which really makes me feel good inside and I feel like I am completeing my purpose here.. So things are going great. I love our zone. This week we focused on the Ramirez family a ton, the little girl (Fiorela) is excited to get baptized in two weeks and we are giving her all the lessons and she came to church again this sunday! So she just has to come one more sunday and we have to finish giving her the lessons and she is good to go! Even though she only is 9 years old I think it will be a very special baptism for me because it makes me remember how I got baptized when I was 9 or 10 years old and how the missionaries came to my house and taught me all the lessons. And how I did understand a dang thing that they said to me. haha. And its probably the same for her! But Fiorela truly wants to be baptized and gets excited and smiles everytime we talk to her about it. So I am super excited for her. As well I am becoming really good friends with the older brothers of the family too, they came and brought Fiorela to church because the mom was sick and couldnt come, and I thought it was really cool that they took the initiative to bring their little sister to church so she could get baptized on the right date. As well this week we found a couple other new people that we are teaching, things are going great, we are super busy. This coming week will be awesome, we are going to have the leader council and that means we will have a zone meeting, and then we are going to do divisions with Las Palmas on wednesday and thursday and on saturday the sister missionaries in our ward have a baptism! It should be way fun, im excited. 

The past couple of week I have been studying Doctrine and Covenants and I have been learning so much.. I dont have my scriptures with me right now so I cant tell you exactly where but in one of the sections it talks about how the holy ghost is the "Comforter" that teaches you "the quiet things of the kingdom". I am so grateful for the Holy Ghost in my life. I realize now that the powerful feelings that I had growing up that motivated me to go to church was from the spirit.. Its the same spirit that tells me now that I am in the path that I need to be. The Spirit will always testify to those who are looking.. Spiritual light will never come to those who sit in the dark and wait for the light to come to them, we have to get up out of the dark and find it. And when we do I know that those quiet feelings are more sweet and warming to the heart than anything else on this earth. When I think about the gospel it almost brings me to tears.. this past week I have seen a big change in my personal conversion and I dont know why. I am so grateful for the time I have had in the mission, they have been the hardest, most terrible two years of my life but definitely the most rewarding and I wouldnt change them for anything. 

I hope that you are all doing great and that you have a great week! Thanks for your emails and support. 

Elder Miles
​We went to a crappy musuem this morning, it was way fun

No comments:

Post a Comment