Tuesday, July 5, 2016

June 6th, 2016

Familia! Chï iwoýe!

¿Há istát? Thats wichi for "family! Hi, how are you?" haha. Wichi is the most common language that they speak in El Potrillo, and then there is also Nivacle, which would be, "Familia! ¿Ta ajunash? ¿Tajuthey?. It sounds like that language in Africa with the clicks in the throat mixed with chinese. Its nuts! 

We had a good week!! Nothing too excited. The biggest thing is that we went to El Potrillo on tuesday and wednesday for my last time! It was really good, it was kind of sad for me knowing that it would be my last time seeing them. They are a very special people and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to know them and know their way of life and to learn from them. The rest of the week we have been teaching our investigators! They are all ready for their baptism.. this saturday! The week has finally arrived. We are hoping and praying that everything goes well and that everyone is able to get baptized on saturday! We are also praying that we can fill the baptismal font without any problems.. We´ll see how it all goes. 

Sunday was a great day. We had 29 people come to church, thats the highest its ever been since ive been here! Also I had an interview with Julio Diaz (he was the ex branch and district president that I told you guys about) and he accepted the calling as the branch mission leader (in other words, he is going to help us with our investigators and plan baptisms with us).. I was so so happy. Its a big step for him in his life and its a giant step for Estanislao del Campo that Julio is coming back to church. He has lots of power over the members, they all love him so much. If he becomes fully active, he brings lots of members back to the church too! So that has been a blessing that we saw this week. 

I dont have any pictures to share this week. But for sure next week! Which by they way, will be my last email that I will right you in my mission. So all of you that recieve my weekly emails that are sick of hearing from me, you can all sing hallellujah! haha. 

I know that the Lord lives and that he guides our steps, I know that he reveals his truths to those that humble themselves and ask.. "A man is tallest when he is on his knees". I know that this is His church and His work. I love to serve him. 

Hope you all have a great week!
Pa´acum! oýik! (see  you later!)

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment