Tuesday, July 5, 2016

May 2nd, 2016

Family & Friends!

I hope you are all doing good, thanks for your updates and emails. We had a good week here. There was actually a big climate change and its been kind of chilly this past week. I have been loving it so much! I will never complain about cold weather again. This week was great, we did divisions with the elders from Lomitas, I was with an elder called Elder Carrizales, a super cool guy from Wyoming that I became really good friends with.  Sunday was a really good day, we had 24 people attend church, and we had 2 investigators at church! The husband and son of one of the sisters that comes to church. The son´s name is Ricardo, he is 18 years old and is really excited to keep coming to church, so hopefully we can work with him, he has lots of potential. As well on sunday we had a branch council meeting that went super well! I feel like we are doing a good job at exciting the branch to do home teaching and help less actives come back to church. Also on sunday, a man named Julio Diaz came to church, who was one of the branch president´s here a few years ago but went inactive. This sunday was his 3rd time attending church so he is officially reactivated in the church! Which is really big for us because the idea is that hopefully one day he can replace me as branch president, that way the church here could really see some big progress with a branch president that actually lives here in Campo. If there is something important that we do here in Campo, it would be find a man to be the branch president. So it was a pretty big step for us that he came to church for the third time. We have been working really hard with him, having family home evenings with him and stuff like that. 

Well, next week will be the first week of my last transfer! After this coming week I will have 6 weeks left in the mission. On monday there will be transfers, so p day will be on tuesday! I will write you guys on tuesday. 

Family!- Get everything ready for skype on sunday! I will be calling around 7:30 Argentine time, which will be 3:30 utah time. I will call Matts account and Natalies account. Im excited to see you guys!
​This is the Portillo Family. They give us lunch twice a week!

​This is Julio Diaz sitting down here, to the left is Hno. and Hna Cano! We do family home evenings with them every week!

​These are the folks of branch council that we have weekly! 

I hope you have a great week!

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment