Tuesday, September 15, 2015

July 20th, 2015

Hola!

This week went really well! Just the same old. This week Abel couldnt go out on divisions with me as much, so I only got to work in my area for 2 days this week. But we are finding a lot people to teach! I dont think there has ever been a time in this area where we have had so much success in finding people to teach. The few days that we do get out in my area, we are super busy. Unfortunately, we didnt have anybody come to church this sunday. Thats probably the biggest obstacle in my area and in the entire mission, is having attendance in the church. And if you dont have church attendance you dont have baptisms. But we are also seeing that almost all of our investigators have social fear, like they are afraid what their friends and family are gonig to think if they go to the LDS church because a lot of people here are very judgemental about religion. We are still working with Dani and Erika, but they arent progressing as much anymore! Its sad not to see investigators progress. But in the area of Elder Stout and Pacheco (the zone leaders that I am in a trio with), we are having more success! This saturday we will have the baptism of Lionel, he is 9 years old and he goes to church with his grandma. He is super smart and he is excited to get baptized. So that should be a lot of fun! We also should have more baptisms in the near future of a few other teenagers that we are working with. Their names are Emiliano and Santiago, they are from Formosa but they recently moved in with their aunt Zara, who is a member of the church. So we have definitely been seeing the blessings of working with members in order to have baptisms!

Transfers will be next week, so P day will be on tuesday instead of monday. That also means that my best friend Elder Pacheco is going home! His time in the mission has come to an end, he goes back to Chile this coming tuesday. Im going to miss him, he has been a huge help for me on the mission! I guess we will see whats going to happen to me, maybe I will go to a new area. I would be happy to stay here in armenia, I love armenia!

I hit the year mark this past thursday! I cant believe how fast the mission has gone. This first year has been such a learning experience for me. I have had so many trials but I have learned so many things that are going to benefit me for the rest of my life. It really has been quite the test of my faith but I feel like I have managed to come out on top. I am glad to say that know that what I am doing is where I need to be and that I know the church is true, that Christ lives and loves me. Above all my testimony has been strengthed on the atonement. I have never understood the atonement and the gospel like how I do now, its hard to explain the things that I have learned. I have experienced some of the best of times on mission too, I have never had such good of friends like Elder Morrin and Elder Pacheco. This coming year, I am hoping that I can just be completely dedicated and consecrated to the work. I want to work hard this year and not regret anything. Its going to be a great year, I am excited to start applying rather than learning. 

This week for a family home evening that we had with a family, we watched the mormon message "earthly father, heavenly father". I love this video, I recommend all of you to watch it. I love that quote at the end that says "Of all the titles of respect and honor and admiration that are given to deity, he has asked us to address us as father". I testify that its true, I know that my heavenly father is watching after my every step, he us guiding me towards people that are willing to hear the message of the restoration. I know that he is conscious of every trial and test he gives, and I know that its for our own progress.

Well thats all I have for this week! I hope that you all have a great week, thank you for your support!

Elder Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment